Learning Jekyll Setup
Jekyll Installation is simple.
- Install Ruby
- $sudo gem install jekyll
- $sudo jekyll new website_name
- $sudo jekyll serve
Above command will host the static site in local host http://127.0.0.1:4000
what is Jekyll ?
It is a static website ( website using plain html) generator.
What are the default folders ?
- config.yml (yaml format - improved version of json)
- _layouts folder can be created
- _posts - contain the writing content or pages of the website.
- _data can be used for overall variables used in site.
- _sass is for the sass based css generator
- assets and images are folders used to have extra content related resources